This is the material we will be covering over the Hold Me Tight Weekend
1. Recognizing Demon Dialogues – First, couples identify common emotional reactions that lead to negative cycles in order to step out of them.
2. Finding the Raw Spots – Next, each partner learns to look beyond immediate, impulsive reactions to discover the vulnerable feelings under the negative cycles.
3. Revisiting a Rocky Moment – This conversation develops a safe platform for de-escalating conflict, repairing disconnections, and building emotional security.
4. Hold Me Tight – Now the partners can move into being more accessible, emotionally responsive, and deeply engaged to strengthen and protect their emotional connection.
5. Forgiving Injuries – Old emotional hurts can block intimacy and a secure connection. Knowing how to identify these injuries and offer and accept forgiveness empowers couples to strengthen their bonds.
6. Bonding Through Sex and Touch – Here, couples learn more about how emotional connection enhances physical connection, which in turn creates deeper emotional connection – the best kind of cycle.
7. Keeping Your Love Alive – The last conversation in the program builds on the understanding that a love relationship is a continual process of losing and finding emotional connection; it helps couples to be deliberate and mindful about maintaining that connection.
*Based on Sue Johnson’s Book, Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love . Sue is the creator of Emotion Focused Therapy, which is now research proven to be the leading theory for couples therapy.